Helvi K. Sandvik
Director of Alaska Air Group since 2013
Safety Committee (Chair)
Compensation and Leadership Development Committee
• 30+ Years of Private and Public Sector Senior Executive Management and Board Experience
• Intimate Knowledge of the Native Culture and Transportation Requirements in the State of Alaska
• Community Leadership Experience
Ms. Sandvik is president of Kidways LLC (business management consulting). From 1999 to 2016, Ms. Sandvik was president of NANA Development Corporation (NDC), a diversified business engaged in government contracting, oilfield and mining support, professional management services, and engineering and construction. During this time, she oversaw the growth of the NDC from an oil field support services company with revenues of $50 million into a diverse, multi-sector, global enterprise with revenues of $1.5 billion. Prior to that, Ms. Sandvik served in a variety of leadership roles within the Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities, including director of statewide aviation and deputy commissioner, as well as a variety of public and non-profit leadership roles.
Current Non-Public Company Board Service:
• Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air (subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group)
• HDR, Inc.
• National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development
• BA, Kalamazoo College
• MBA, University of Alaska Fairbanks