Winter weather impacts - what to know if you're flying on Alaska Airlines
Today, 170 flights were canceled across Alaska's network, with more cancellations and delays expected throughout the week. As we head into Wednesday and Thursday, we're proactively thinning
The weather in
"We deeply apologize for the inconvenience this winter storm has on our guests and employees and are working hard to return to the level of service you know and expect from us, while operating safely," said
If guests cannot reschedule their flights at this time, rest assured we will hold the value of their ticket until they are ready to travel again. Learn more about our Customer Service Commitment here.
Tips for guests traveling this week:
- Before heading to the airport, check your email or alaskaair.com to see if your flight is impacted.
- If your flight has been canceled, do not go to the airport to change your itinerary.
- Managing your reservation online is the best option. Our Contact Center is experiencing hold times of more than 20 hours. To reduce long hold times, guests without immediate needs are asked to wait to contact us about their itineraries until next week.
- Guests impacted by cancellations and delays may be eligible for reimbursement of reasonable travel expenses by providing flight information and expense details here.
- If your flight is canceled while you're at the airport and you've checked a bag, please immediately claim it at the baggage carousel before leaving the airport.
Our baggage service teams are working around the clock to reunite unclaimed bags with their owners. It will take several days to complete this work, but our agents will contact every guest to arrange pick-up or delivery.
We greatly appreciate the patience of our guests and tireless efforts from our employees during this busy travel period.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/winter-weather-impacts--what-to-know-if-youre-flying-on-alaska-airlines-301451412.html
Media Relations: (206) 304-0008, firstname.lastname@example.org