Fresh fare in the air is back! Alaska Airlines expands First Class and main cabin meals, snacks and drinks, offering the most comprehensive onboard food and beverage program of any U.S. airline
"We're excited to welcome our guests back on board and want them to have a great experience with us," said
Enhancements to our food and beverage service include:
- Expanded hot meal options in First Class during breakfast, lunch and dinner service on mainline flights longer than 1,100 miles. New seasonal entrees include Guajillo Chile-Lime Salad with ancient grains, roasted broccoli and sweet potato with a roasted lemon crema, and Miso Marinated Cod with sesame garlic farro, sauteed yu choy, bell peppers and shitake mushrooms in a sesame-miso butter sauce. Guests can choose from three menu selections on all meal flights.
- Full tray service in First Class – including Schoenwald porcelain and compostable linen and silverware – has resumed on routes longer than 670 miles.
- We offer a full selection of alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages available in all cabins with multiple cart services on flights more than 1,100 miles. We feature craft beer by Fremont Brewing, and as a new summer beer option we're serving Kona Longboard Island Lager on board. Plus, we serve
West Coastwines curated exclusively for us from Broken Earth Wineryin Paso Robles, California, and Canoe Ridge Vineyardin Columbia Valley, Washington.
- We make pre-ordering easy so our guests can rest assured they'll get their favorites. With our industry leading pre-order program, selecting First Class and main cabin meals from our mobile app can happen two weeks before a flight and up to one hour prior to departure. That includes pre-ordering our popular Fruit and Cheese Platter.
- On our shorter flights between 670-1,099 miles, we've added more snacks. We've brought back our popular Northwest Deli Picnic Pack which includes
Deep Riverpotato chips, Old Wisconsin Turkey Stick, Madi K's Whole Natural Almonds, Gilman White Cheddar Cheese Stick and Mandy's Dark Chocolate Cookie Thins. The picnic packs can be pre-ordered up to one hour before departure and can also be purchased on board with a credit card or stored form of payment.
- In First Class, guests are treated to a fully recyclable, box-shaped carton of water, sealed with a plant-based cap. Each Boxed Water carton is made from sustainably harvested trees and the multi-filtered water goes through a proprietary eight-step purification – giving it a clean, crisp taste.
Safety will always remain our top consideration on board. We're partnering closely with epidemiologists and our internal safety experts as we implement new food and beverage service on our flights. We'll continue to enforce the federal mandate requiring our guests to wear masks over their nose and mouth during travel. Guests can briefly lift their masks for eating and drinking. Our mantra: "After you sip or snack, please put your mask back."
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fresh-fare-in-the-air-is-back-alaska-airlines-expands-first-class-and-main-cabin-meals-snacks-and-drinks-offering-the-most-comprehensive-onboard-food-and-beverage-program-of-any-us-airline-301345302.html
Media Relations, (206) 304-0008, firstname.lastname@example.org