Fly with peace of mind: Alaska Airlines eliminates change fees permanently
"COVID has taught us that flexibility in travel is key. As we evolve our approach to travel to include more than 100 safety actions, it's important to give our guests flexibility when they book by eliminating change fees," said
The new change-fee policy applies to all tickets, except for Saver fares. Previously, Alaska's change fee of
During the pandemic
- Flown more than a million passengers, 99.99% of whom have adhered to
Alaska's"No Mask. No Travel." policy. To date, the airline has suspended travel for 75 guests due to non-compliance.
- Rolled out a series of innovations making it easier for guests to travel touch-free.
- Extended physical distancing on board for fall travel, with blocked middle seats on all mainline flights and reduced capacity on regional flights through
- Continued its enhanced aircraft cleaning program, sanitizing planes between flights, including disinfecting high-touch areas of the plane such as tray tables, armrests and buckles.
- Extended 2020 elite status through next year. Additionally, miles earned between
January 2020– April 2020can be used towards earning status for 2022.
- Learn more at Next-Level Care.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fly-with-peace-of-mind-alaska-airlines-eliminates-change-fees-permanently-301121641.html
Media Relations, (206) 304-0008, email@example.com