Alaska Airlines to require face masks for frontline employees and flyers
"Safety is our most important value at
Guests will be expected a to bring their own mask and will be required to wear it throughout the airport and flight experience. Additional supplies will be available for anyone who forgets a face mask. Specific details about the face mask requirements will be shared with guests later next week and in pre-trip communications before their date of travel. The temporary policy will be reevaluated periodically as guidance evolves.
The face mask requirements are a few of several safety and social distancing measures
Other measures include:
- Expanded enhanced cleaning on flights, which includes use of high-grade, EPA registered disinfectants to sanitize critical touchpoints like tray tables, seat belts, overhead bins, armrests and lavatories.
- Expanded use of electrostatic sanitizing spray to disinfect aircraft interiors.
- Limiting the number of passengers onboard and blocking middle seats on large aircraft and aisle seats on small aircraft through
May 31, 2020.
- Enhanced and more frequent cleaning of airport counters, lounges and high-traffic areas.
- Social distancing floor decals rolled out this week at airports to remind guests and employees to remain separated by at least six feet.
- Providing disposable surgical and re-usable fabric masks for employees.
- Continued use of hospital-grade air filters on all planes. These HEPA filters are proven effective in removing airborne particles and cycle new air into the cabin every three minutes.
"The COVID-19 pandemic has changed everything, and that includes how we fly. Safety is our number one priority and wearing masks will make air travel safer for everyone. We're all in this together," said
Learn more about Alaska's response to the coronavirus at https://blog.alaskaair.com/coronavirus/.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/alaska-airlines-to-require-face-masks-for-frontline-employees-and-flyers-301050857.html
Media Relations, (206) 304-0008, email@example.com