J. Kenneth Thompson
Director of Alaska Air Group since 1999
Compensation and Leadership Development Committee
Governance, Nominating and Corporate Responsibility Committee
• Business Leadership Expertise
• Experience with Strategic Planning, Engineering, Operations, Technology and Research, and Safety/Environmental/Regulatory Issues
• Community Leadership Experience
Since 2000, Mr. Thompson has been a co-owner and president and CEO of Pacific Star Energy LLC, a firm that is a passive owner of oil lease royalties in Alaska. He served from 2004 to 2012 as Managing Director of Alaska Venture Capital Group LLC, a private oil and gas exploration firm in which Pacific Star Energy LLC owns an interest. Mr. Thompson chairs the environmental, health, safety and social responsibility committee and serves on the governance and nominating committee of Coeur Mining Inc., serves on the strategy planning and enterprise risk committee and chairs the compensation committee at Tetra Tech, Inc., and serves on the compensation committee, chairs the governance and nominating committee, and the hydrocarbon reserves committee, as well as serving as non-executive chairman of the board of Pioneer Natural Resources Company. He is also a member and chair of CDF Capital, a non-profit organization. In 2019, Mr. Thompson was selected as one of the 100 most influential corporate directors by the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD).
Current Public Company Board Service:
• Pioneer Natural Resources Company (Non-Executive Chairman)
• Tetra Tech, Inc.
• Coeur Mining Corporation
Current Non-Public Company Board Service:
• Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air (subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group)
• BS, Missouri University of Science and Technology